Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Zayn Malik Leaves One Direction




There is only one direction for Zayn Malik and it is not anywhere near his bandmates anymore. Malik announced today that he is leaving the boyband through the group´s official Facebook page via a statement which reads:

"My life with One Direction has been more than I could ever have imagined. But, after five years, I feel like it is now the right time for me to leave the band. I'd like to apologize to the fans if I've let anyone down, but I have to do what feels right in my heart. I am leaving because I want to be a normal 22-year-old who is able to relax and have some private time out of the spotlight. I know I have four friends for life in Louis, Liam, Harry and Niall. I know they will continue to be the best band in the world."

The four remaining singers also released a statement regarding Malik´s departure: 
  
"We're really sad to see Zayn go, but we totally 
respect his decision and send him all our love for the future. The past five years have been beyond amazing, we've gone through so much together, so we will always be friends. The four of us will now continue," the four singers said in a statement. "We're looking forward to recording the new album and seeing all the fans on the next stage of the world tour."

The departure comes days after Malik cancelled performances with the band in Manila and Jakarta, and a controversy surrounding a possible infidelity to his fiancée Perrie Edwards.

Are you sad to see Malik go? Is this the beginning of the end for One Direction or will the boy band be able to keep up the success without him?

No comments:

Post a Comment