Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

John Mayer Cancels Tour To Battle Throat Condition


 John Mayer has revealed that the throat condition that made him delay his new album and tour six months ago has persisted and, as a result, he has no choice but to cancel his tour plans.

 Mayer announced the news to his fans through his Tumblr blog:

 "I have no choice but to take an indefinite break from live performing. Something didn't feel/sound right (during a rehearsal on Tuesday). I went in for a visit on Wednesday and a scope of my vocal cords revealed that the granuloma has grown back where it had mostly healed. This is bad news."

 Mayer continued to explain that the treatment will require "another surgery and a very long chemically-imposed period of silence".

 He continued:

 "I'm pretty emotionally burnt out at the moment, but please know how hard I tried to resolve this and how disappointed I am that I can't perform this record yet," Mayer continues in the blog post. "I'm completely bummed, especially for all of you who started making plans to see a show. Nothing feels worse than having to break the stage down before the performance, and I mean nothing.

 I love this band you were going to hear, I love the guys and girls I work with, and the only thing that stops me from devolving into a puddle of tears is knowing that it's a long life, and the greatest gift in the world is being able to create music no matter what the circumstances. So these are the new circumstances, and I'll find a way to make it mean something. That's all you can ever do."

 However Columbia Records has confirmed that Mayer´s fifth studio album Born and Raised is still planned for a May 22 release.

We  are sorry to learn about Mayer´s throat condition and wish him a speedy recovery.

Are you looking forward to his new album?

No comments:

Post a Comment