Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Joss Whedon Talks "Avengers" Sequel & "S.H.I.E.L.D." TV Show


  Just recently ABC announced that not only was Joss Whedon back as a writer and director for the sequel to The Avengers (set for release May of 2015) but that the mastermind behind such cult TV hits as Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Firefly was going to be involved on a new TV show as well.

 Even though Whedon won´t helm the project (he´s too busy for that), he will at least be a consultant and will direct whenever he´s available.

 “The S.H.I.E.L.D. show kind of dropped in my lap, and I love working in TV. I get to really build a show with people I really trust and love. What we’re building is entirely autonomous from The Avengers. 

 It’s gotta be a show that works for people who haven’t seen the Marvel movies. It will please Marvel fans, I think.” he told EW.

 Whedon also took the time to comment on the anticipated Avengers sequel:

 “The Avengers sequel, I’m pretty on fire with that. We’re slated to come out May of 2015. Last time [with The Avengers] we started shooting in April, which was pretty hilarious. I wanted to murder people, they wanted to murder me.”

 As if Whedon wasn´t busy as it is, reports appeared this week that the long-awaited follow-up to the 2008 made-for-Internet hit "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" is still in the works. 

 Are you excited for all the upcoming Whedon projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment