Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bruno Mars Covers Billboard Magazine


 Bruno Mars graces the cover of issue number 50 of Billboard Magazine.

 The artist born as Peter Gene Hernandez in Honolulu, spoke about his career and amazing success.

 "It's a rare thing that happens, especially in this day, where it's real hard to sell albums. I'm traveling to places that I've never even heard of and there are all these people singing the songs back -- and English is not even their first language. It's like, what the hell happened?" 

  According to Mars, it wasn´t always this easy before Elektra Recordsl got interested in his music.

 "There was a lot of rejection, a lot of other labels saying, 'You don't know who the hell you are. You're doing all this reggae, R&B, rock stuff. How the hell do we market that? Are you pop? Are you urban?' Elektra gave me a shot and trusted my vision."

 Bruno also spoke about his projects for the future and what artist he would love to work with. When asked about his genre-crossing versatility he responded:

 "I'm just a mixed-up dude. I want to work with the Kanyes, the Jay-Zs... a Rihanna, a Gaga, Kings of Leon, Mumford & Sons. I want to do all those things. As proud as I am of "Doo-Wops," I feel like, 'Oh, man. People haven't seen nothing. They don't even know what I'm about to do,' and that's what I can't wait to show the world."

 Click below to watch Bruno Comes Home, an 8 minute short documentary which shows the artist returning to Hawaii to play for a sold out concert, and sharing his thoughts of how his journey towards success has been:

No comments:

Post a Comment