Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Joe Manganiello: "I was depressed after 'Superman' loss"


  Joe Manganiello has recently revealed that he had a hard time coping with the fact that he lost the opportunity to play Superman in Zack Snyder´s upcoming reboot, Man of Steel.

 The True Blood star told Digital Spy:

 "[Warner Bros] wanted me to screen test and part of the screen test process is that they actually have to settle your deal, as if you were cast going into a screen before you get the screen test.

 And so that involved settling of shooting schedule and the dates for shooting Superman would have conflicted with 11 weeks of season five [of True Blood]. 

 And as it turns out they had big plans for my character in season five and they were not willing to share me with Superman. So regrettably I never got to screen test and I never got to compete for the role. I never got to put on the suit."

 Manganiello added how frustrated he felt that he did not get to try out for the dreamed role:

 "This was back in January. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't... I was really, severely depressed for a few months. For a few months afterwards. 

 Because I really thought the direction they were taking the movie and the character, I really thought I had a great idea where to take that and I was very excited and I just wanted to try out my ideas and things. But, you know, it just wasn't meant to be."

 Do you believe Manganiello would have been a good choice to play Superman?

No comments:

Post a Comment