Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Michael Patrick King Rejects 'Sex and the City' Prequel


  Sex and the City fans can rest now as, Michael Patrick King, the man who helmed both the TV series and the feature films has denied any interest in adapting the prequels based on the novels by Candance Bushnell.

 There has been many rumours swirling around lately that instead of continuing the story, the next film would be based on Carrie Bradshaw´s younger self.

 Michael Patrick King was quick to clear up the rumours during the Television Critics Association press tour on Wednesday.:

 "I'm not working on any Sex and the City prequel. My Carrie Bradshaw started at 33, and I took her to 43. I didn't even want to know who Carrie Bradshaw's parents were  because I thought she only existed in Manhattan. So for me, the idea of going backwards and making her less evolved ... is something that I don't imagine doing."

 Personally, we couldn´t agree more with him, although we would love to see another sequel based on the adult Carrie Bradshaw.

 What do you guys think? Would you prefer a prequel or a sequel to Sex and the City?

No comments:

Post a Comment