Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Wynona Ryder: "Angelina Jolie kept her distance"


 Its been a long time since Wynona Ryder and Angelina Jolie shared screen time in their 1999 movie, Girl, Interrupted. Ryder, who also produced the film, has admitted to Total Film that she felt some dissapointment during the filming of the movie because Jolie "kept her distance".

 "I remember thinking, 'Oh we're going to turn out to be great friends' she admitted. "But I think she needed to be able to look at me just as the character Susanna, not as Winona, so in a very respectful way she just kind of kept her distance. I saw her at one of the awards shows but I haven't really seen her since."

  Wynona also explained that she felt "boring" alongside Angelina (who won an Oscar for her performance in the film) and how happy she is for the success she has achieved since their experience together. "I remember in the press junket for Girl, Interrupted she would just be so open about her problems and then I would come in and everyone would think I was so boring. So it's really great to see she's found her calling in her personal life."

  It is always pleasant to see one fellow actor admiring another, specially from an honest perspective. Jolie must have had so much presence even back then (when Wynona was the star and she was just the supporting actress) to make Ryder feel she was boring compared to her. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment