Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hans Zimmer denies 'Superman' rumours


 A few days back, it was reported that Hans Zimmer had agreed to score Zack Snyder's upcoming Superman reboot. However, The Dark Knight composer has stated that the rumours originated from a "dirty quote taken out of context".

"Let’s just be absolutely straight here: I have never in my life met Zack Snyder. I think I need to give him a ring," he said.

 Fortunately for all Superman fans, Zimmer not only stated that his "heart belongs to Batman" but he praised John Williams for his work on the previous movies: "John Williams [is] the greatest living composer - full stop. And [Superman] happens to be one of his greatest themes," he commented. "So no. And I'm not thinking of rewriting Beethoven's ninth either. It just sounds like a thankless task, you know? So that's unequivocally a no."

This is certainly good news for fans of the superhero, as there is still a strong possibility that John Williams original theme may be included in the score of the new movie after all.

 What do you guys think? Do you believe Zimmer's statement about Williams is fair or exaggerated?

1 comment:

  1. I think his comments were very fair..He's a great composer, but I'm happy that The Williams score might still be used as like Zimmer said himself, its one of the greatest iconic cinema music. Why change what isn't broken is what I say

    ReplyDelete