Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ne-Yo upset over album sales


 RnB singer Ne-Yo has stated that he feels "disturbed" by the poor sales obtained with his latest effort, Libra Scale. The singer's fourth studio album was released last month and has been struggling in the charts since then.

 Ne-Yo told CW Detroit that he blames ilegal downloading for the poor results: "I was a little disturbed by my first week numbers, but a lot of things went into that first week number… the album getting leaked a month in advance definitely had something to do with it".

 He added: "That was another situation where I jumped on my soapbox [twitter] and let the world know how I felt about that. You know it’s the world we live in today, it’s the game. You either play the game or you get out. I’m not gonna let the ignorance of some stop me from doing what I feel like I was put on this earth to do."

 Ne-Yo may have a point regarding poor sales with his album being leaked a month early, but truth be told  "Libra Scale" doesn't measure up to the quality of his previous work. Aside from a couple of songs, the LP is boring and uninspired.

 What do you think? Is Ne-Yo's flop a result of ilegal downloading or bad musical choices?

No comments:

Post a Comment