Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Mariah Carey graces the cover of Pride


 Mariah Carey appears on the cover of Pride and gives her opinion on the female acts that are deserving of the diva lable nowadays: "I don’t really follow every new act - they come out constantly, there are so many, it’s often hard to keep track, and sometimes they’re here today and gone tomorrow."

When asked about her female peers, Carey mentions she admires her friends "Beyoncé and Nicki Minaj - people who seem destined to be doing this for a living with longevity."

As far as her famous diva demands, the singer gracefully accepts the label: "I'm a strong woman who works extremely hard to be able to have my life the way I want it. So, if that makes me a diva, then okay."

 Do you agree with Mariah? Should the diva status imply some sort of "longevity" in the music business?

No comments:

Post a Comment