Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

NBC Pîcks Up Wonder Woman Pilot


 Finally, some good news regarding Wonder Woman! Contrary to what was said in the press weeks ago, THR confirms that NBC has picked up David E. Kelley's version of Wonder Woman to pilot. Apparently, NBC and the other television networks first passed on the project due to budgetary reasons but, last month, Kelley hinted that the show might finally get a chance to land on the small screen as soon as next year.

"I think the likelihood is we'll see it next year. I'm being optimistic but I don't think I'm being unrealistic." he told THR in mid-January. He also hinted that NBC would be a perfect fit for the series.

 "I like to think of it as a smart script and I know [new NBC programming chief Bob Greenblatt] responds to smart material." He added that the character will not only be a superhero but a "real complex woman".

 Now, let´s just hope it gets picked up as a proper TV series!

No comments:

Post a Comment